And from what I can gather from the very knowledgeable people on this list, *this* is also misinformation! We all make ionic silver here and there definitely *is* benefit from taking it internally as I and everyone else can testify. How can you state this with no proof at all, and in the face of all our anecdotal evidence which suggests that this is quite wrong. I have been taking ionic silver on a daily basis for three years or more, and have had no bad effects at all, only good. dee

Indi wrote:
Typically, if you have real CS (i.e. *not* ionic silver) there will be
a small amount of ionic silver. This can be mostly eliminated by
exposure to sunlight though. You are correct that silver ions will
react with the hydrochloric acid in the stomach and result in silver
chloride formation. With ionic silver, if it is potent enough (high
PPM) this can become a dangerous amount of silver chloride. "Dangerous"
meaning one may get argyria. In any event, ionic silver should not be
taken internally due to the fact that it is immediately transformed into
silver chloride, which is then stored in the body. There is no health
benefit to be gained from taking ionic silver internally, although it
can work as a topical antiseptic. It does have a very short shelf life,
and is inferior to colloidal silver.