At 05:47 PM 10/5/2008 -0400, you wrote:

Typically, if you have real CS (i.e. *not* ionic silver) there will be
a small amount of ionic silver. This can be mostly eliminated by
exposure to sunlight though. You are correct that silver ions will
react with the hydrochloric acid in the stomach and result in silver
chloride formation. With ionic silver, if it is potent enough (high
PPM) this can become a dangerous amount of silver chloride. "Dangerous"
meaning one may get argyria. In any event, ionic silver should not be
taken internally due to the fact that it is immediately transformed into
silver chloride, which is then stored in the body. There is no health
benefit to be gained from taking ionic silver internally, although it
can work as a topical antiseptic. It does have a very short shelf life,
and is inferior to colloidal silver.

## It is virtually impossible to make high PPM ionic silver due to solubility limits

True colloidal silver is composed of nano-sized particles, not ions.
It s not light-sensitive.

## Ionic silver is also not light sensitive unless there are other ions there to make a light sensitive chemical with.

The key to making it is to use high voltage
AC current. Low voltage DC current will only produce mostly ionic
silver.

## ALL electrolysis based methods make ONLY ionic silver..it's what happens AFTER the ions are produced that determines colloidal content.

I am not sure what the optimum voltage and amperage are; I seem
to be successful using a 4,800 volt transformer rated at 30 milliamps.
(If you decide to do this, please do your homework re handling high
voltages first!)

## perhaps, but no description of the results and a marked lack of other essential parameters. "Rating" means nothing to application except fire and burnout prevention for the equipment and doesn't mean your setup doesn't emit ions only, then make colloidal particles out of them.

I have found that when taking CS it is necessary to also use a
probiotic, as CS will kill the friendly bacteria in the digestive
system as well. It does not discriminate between "good" and "bad"
microorganisms. I know there are many people who claim they take large
doses of CS for long periods, but my experience indicates that if that
were true they'd not be able to venture far from the bathroom!

##  I and about 300 people surveyed have not found this to be the case.
You are apparently an exception.
You are correct in that CS doesn't discriminate, but environment counts a great deal. CS immobilized in a semi solid doesn't do much. "Where" are those friendly bacterium?

Unfortunately, there is a lot of misinformation about CS.

## And this isn't some of it?

There is a lot of theory being taken as fact.
Does anyone know for a "fact" that ionic silver forms silver chloride in the stomach, or that it doesn't revert or convert to something else, elsewhere? In the intelligent chemical soup we call a body, there are many pathways for the oddball thing to be the norm rendering assumptions inaccurate. In a near complete absence of studies, we cannot be certain of any theory being true or that any given person, each being different, experiences the exact same processes.

We are pretty much left with:  "If it works, use it "
if it doesn't, try something else.
..and use common sense.

Ode