All I can tell you is that coconut oil heated in processing does not work nearly as well for me as unheated. I had nearly given up on it when using TT, other than loving the taste, and it helping with appetite control, and some assistance with surface skin issues. But it did not offer the other benefits I was looking for, particularly for my son's neurological conditions. Using various of the unheated virgin cold pressed coconut oil, has made a difference between night and day. It is anecdotal, and I can't tell you what it is that is making the difference. But if lauric acid is not disabled by the heat, then it is not the lauric acid (alone) that is making the difference. There is more to the picture.
Sara