From: jaxi [mailto:jaxi.sch...@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 19, 2011 7:13 PM
To: silver-list@eskimo.com
Subject: Re: CS>VCO

RBD oil?

Jaxi

On Tue, Jul 19, 2011 at 9:00 PM, Melly Bag <tita_...@yahoo.com> wrote:

What we are after in coconut oil is the Lauric Acid.  Heat WILL NOT kill or
disable lauric acid.  It might disable other healthful components like
vitamins and other acids  though but you can get those from other foods or
supplements.

Enzyme use for vco production does not make the product last for a long
time...it gives the catch in the throat and smells sour.

This experience was from long time ago, unless they have improved it.

We use the centrifuged (for direct ingesting to avoid coconut oil taste
which i truly hate) and expeller pressed (for cooking).  We purchase them
from wilderness family naturals. We, however, was given a bad centrifuged
oil with too deep yellow color and very strong coconut taste.  I complained
and they insisted it was centrifuged. I told them i am not there to argue
but they should check on their supplier because it is so obvious very high
heat was used to get those color and taste. They did check on their
supplier, and it turned out the supplier did something to the way they
produced it.  They have changed supplier since then.  They carry "organic"
RBD oil.  I don't know if their supplier used hexane on it.  I emailed them
to ask...but still no reply.  That was two days ago. RBD does not have taste
or smell. Believe it or not, it still has the lauric acid.  This lauric acid
just wouldn't die...LOL. If they can confirm no hexane, chlorine (to bleach)
was used, i would purchase that for cooking.

Heat or no heat still gives lauric acid.  What is important is that there is
no catch in the throat which indicates  the vco has gone bad.  No sour smell
another way of telling it is no longer good.  Any green/furry/gray spot,
means mold.   Color should be as clear as possible when in liquid state.
The yellower the color the more heat is used. The sharper the coconut taste
the more heat is used also.

Melly