I think it was here on the SilverList that I first heard about VCNO, so I will chime in out of gratitude.

I was lucky to accidentally start with Niulife, then called Kokonut. It was utterly delightful. I tried another brand next, which caught the throat and in fact made me vomit from everywhere. I went back to Kokonut, and stayed there until I felt sorry for a group of islanders who were trying to pay their way with coconut oil - taste no good, sorry, couldn't continue supporting them, back to Niulife/Kokonut. If I had started out with either of these non-Niulife brands, I would not have continued, and would have missed out on many benefits.

http://www.kokonutpacific.com.au/NiulifeCoconutOil/NiulifeCoconutOil.php has some very interesting information and links, with video links to Mary Newport and Bruce Fife. Also, the pet section (Pet Corner) has a quote from Daddybob, about a dog he used to have and the deodorising effect of VCNO (the residue of his fried eggs frying oil). And apparently it also helps against ticks and fleas on dogs! Niulife also sell a pet oil, which is made from the "dregs" of the human oil and has a slightly darker hue and brown residue. For the same price I get 25% more of this, and it is wonderful for frying chips (US: French Fries). For general use, I have the "human" oil, and for chips (Fries) I use the pet oil. After all, it is just "human" grade oil with extra nutrients.

I have always found the oil utterly consistent and sweet. When I checked some years ago they had suppliers in Canada and the US, I think, though Head Office is here in Australia, and the oil from the Islands.

It's a very interesting and informative site:
 http://www.kokonutpacific.com.au/NiulifeCoconutOil/NiulifeCoconutOil.php

Rowena