Nah, you didn't kick any hornets nest.
You're doing exactly what I said. The home producer NEEDS something to enable
them to get repeatable values to aim for, and failing laboratory testing on
many many batches ongoing, a meter is the best one can do.  I also stop around
that 20uS reading, the reading will go down anyway for every day it sits in
storage until a point of stabilisation has been reached.  What does that tell
me?  It tells me that some of those Ag+ ions are being lost to ion clusters
{particles}, so effectively I have a choice between using a solution that is
highest in Ag+ ion content {immediately upon cessation of the brewing process}
or I can use a lesser Ag+ ion content solution by using it anytime later after
it's been in storage, and I believe there is a difference in efficacy between
those two for a given usage and how it is used, i.e.; drank straight down as
opposed to swirled under tongue for a few minutes or used on open wounds etc
etc.
I speak for myself only but an EC or PPM meter matters not to me, they all
provide valuable ballpark information I can use. As long as the home producer
is *IN* that ballpark, that's the best he/she can hope for.  If meters were
THAT inaccurate I'd be ending up with mud or something equally nasty after
being in storage.
There's a lot of material available in the public domain, but most is just
repeated from someone or somewhere else, and a lot of that is misinformation.
At the end of the day the individual will be forced to make some determinations
of their own after some time spent reading and researching as much as they can.
Colour:...I'm not fussed if it's clear or yellow, as long as it remains
transparent I'm satisfied it's of excellent quality, despite what I've read to
the contrary.  I sometimes end up with a coloured solution cos there are many
reasons for that, but visual observation for any abnormalities tells me the
product is still first class.
Chloride etc:...I'm also not satisfied that acids, peroxides, ammonias etc
within the blood/body don't have some other effect on the product when
ingested, and I don't personally believe anyone else does either, not enough
information available in the public domain {opinion}.  Formation of silver
chloride may be chemically correct, but who knows what else goes on with other
substances within the human body/blood?
As far as I'm concerned, if you haven't got any mud/sludge, floating crap etc
etc after days/weeks or months in storage you've got the best that can be
produced using LVDC in the home {opinion}.
As I said earlier here, the individual will have to decide for themselves at
some point.

Sounds to me like you're making good stuff, keep it that way and you'll be fine.
Disclaimer <g>:...I act and speak for myself only using my own research for
determining what constitutes an A1 product.
N.