From:   Fred [SMTP:f...@health2us.com]
Sent:   Sunday, June 18, 2000 10:50 PM
To:     silver-list@eskimo.com
Subject:        CS>Bruce Marx Web Site  C/S or BS

 << File: ATT00005.htm >> Alvin said:
"Did anyone visit Bruce Marx's web site at
http://colloidal.hypermart.net
another great claim of superior C/S and why we shouldn't
use the LVDC process...Is it BS or not?"
Well, I had not visited his site for years so I decided to review it
for you Alvin - below are some questionable statements of his:
  (This is not a personal attack,  text is taken in context from his
  widely published comparison of the LV and HVAC processes.
My comments are in blue!)

"Bruce Marx is an N.D., a licensed Chief Engineer (CSPRO)
He is the originator of the HVAC process"
  (Many will argue that, unless Bruce is very, very old! Roger
said HE "re" invented it 100 years too late!)

"There is constant reference to the 'yellow' or 'golden' color.
As mentioned in the description of the DC process, this
color is a result of the silver 'tarnishing'. " (The accepted opinion
is the particle size determines the color - below he oddly says
the tarnishing makes it "heavy" and causes very short life due to
settlement?)

"Colloidal silver produced by the HVAC process is pure, clean
and clear...Particle size is between .002 to .007-9 micron,
yielding 100% 'Bio-Availability'  "(Most of us are concerned about
what contaminates in HVAC Cs cause the very low pH , so "pure"
or "clean" is still questionable!)

"The flow of the current from the positive (anode) to the negative
  (cathode) causes minute particles of silver to release. Many
particles will immediately oxidize and adhere to the negative
electrode as a black residue (silver oxides)," (The general
opinion is they are atoms (reduced ions)  and form weak,
irregular crystal growths and thus the dark color.)

"Low voltage DC colloidal silver has a limited 'shelf life'. Due
to the continuing oxidation of the suspended particles, the
solution will turn to a yellow or golden color. During production,
  the particles are given a positive electrical charge. This keeps
  them in suspension by the principle of 'Brownian Motion'. The
  charge dissipates slowly. The increased weight caused by the
  build-up of oxidation, causes the particles to collide and, finally,
  with their charges weakening, settle to the bottom of the container. "
His recently updated main site says LVDC Cs has a shelf life of
only 2 days to 2 weeks!
(Most of this sounds really hoaky and many of us have stable
samples of LVDC Cs well over a year old, to prove it!)

"Generally, the higher the operating voltage of the process, the
more 'consistently small' the particles produced. Therefore, as
the voltage goes up, so does the percent of 'Bio-Availability'. At
180 volts DC, the 'Bio-Availability' is over 80%, and at 10,000
volts AC, the 'Bio-Availability' is 100%." (he claims only 30% Bio with
27 VDC - in my book, ions or atoms of silver come in only one size
and only a poor process will allow crystal growth or larger particles.
His photo claiming particles of 0.001 to 0.008 um is of a 6-10um
cluster or particle, so which is he flawing?)

Also, his general approach (marketing) is a scare tactic - "the FDA
will shut us all down" - "you need to be prepared in your shelter with
600 Watt backup generators to run his unit" - etc. rather then the
classic promotion of  "----- has many benefits for you"! As some would
say, "Where is the proof?", there are no links or references cited to
support any of his "views".

In fairness, I must say his "technical data" (on both sites I viewed)
is a news article he had published on 2/30/96, but on the other
hand, the web pages were updated recently so I must assume
these "weird science" views are still his!

I would rate him pretty low Alvin!  (Slap me if you disagree!)

P.S. If you find any hoaky/outdated stuff on my site, let me know and
         I will change/update it!  We all learn as we grow, but Bruce has
         been painted as "the" originator and thus "the expert"! A few on
         the list will defend him at any cost - such is dedication! He
         certainly appears to make more money then us all, so maybe
         like Bill Gates he can say anything we wants to!

f...@health2us.com