At 07:13 AM 01/03/05, you wrote:

I was told almost five months ago by my dentist that I need a root canal for one of my upper molars because of the infection around (or in) the roots of that tooth (as shown by X-ray). I said "No" at the time, largely because of my concerns about the long-term toxicity of root-canaled teeth (according to some dental practitioners). So, I was given a penicillin-like antibiotic which eliminated the pain, but the pain has been slowly and gradually returning during the last three months. Given my dislike for antibiotics and my suspicion about the dangers of root canals, I'm looking for alternatives.

See post following: about free book - interesting stuff in it about dentistry - quote: " Dr Paul Cummings of Wilmington Nth Carolina TAUGHT Gum Surgery at Uni of Nth Carolina.
Now a convert to H202
He himself NOW points out that not one single study has ever shown periodontal surgery to be necessary." !!!

Cheers,

Himagain