After all this stuff that has been spewed about landing, flying, contests and such,
below is the secret to success of OVSS and midwest soaring.  Yes, we have two contest
that do not do MOM, and all the rest use a more "normal" landing task and skegs.  But
as Tom stated, we have a great time flying, soaring has become a spectator sport for
the first time ever in my recolection, and even though I know some places numbers are
down, ours are up.  We are flying normally 10-15 minute tasks, mostly short lines
(some as short as 450 feet), and in our year you will see about every condition that
is possible to have.  We added sportsman class this year and that has even added a new
dimension to the series.  The great part is we united instead of seperated and it has
gotten better ever since.

Come to Fall Round Up and see what we mean.

Marc