At 10:17 PM 9/30/2004, Jack Womack wrote:
The actual fact is that if you don't like the current
format, you're kind of screwed. Unfortunately, If you
have the nerve to speak against it, you get
stereotyped into the "landing whiner" category.

I'll repeat myself again for the "whiners".

1. Go get your CD license. (You are an AMA member I hope.)
2. Hold a sanctioned contest. You just have to notify of AMA rules deviation in advance.
And if your ideas work, otherwise keep holding contests until it does.
3. Propose a rules change.

Sound simple?

You can actually CD a contest without having the coveted "CD License".
If no CD License it's even easier, Announce a contest.  You only need 2 people.

Now get off your a** and stop whining. :-)

Great example of this. Look at what Ray Hayes has been doing with his Wood Crafters contests. They are well attended and well liked. You don't see Ray complaining about how all the contests are completely overrun with Expensive, Molded, Fiberglass, Kevlar, Carbon fiber sailplanes.

I applaud a guy like Ray.