I do this at the SOAR OVSS "Fred" Contest each year:

1.  Short (strong) lines:  About 200 meters (650 ft) of 290 lb test
braided nylon line as used at the Nats;

2.  FAI Landing tapes, added as bonus after FLIGHT scores are
normalized (1,100 points is perfect, landing is a 10% point bonus);

3.  No landing skegs/arrestors allowed (I always have a hacksaw
available for guys who know the rules and still show up with a molded
in skeg);

4.  Long task times (10+ minute targets);

5.  Seeded Man-on-Man (OVSS format, keeps the big boys pounding on each
other all day, they like it and so do the spectators);

6.  Fly what you want, no "primary/backup" models designated;

We have a great time, fly all day, BS and funfly until dark (or later),
and most of us are still talking by the end of the weekend.

What's not to like?

=====
Tom Kallevang
Wheeling, IL