Daryl,

You wrote:

"The only problem is we haven't lengthened the tasks to keep up with the increased
performance of our models."

Do you really think lengthening the tasks will really do much more than reducing the
number of rounds we fly rather than actually challenge our current equipment.  Other
than late evening rounds in F3J Finals (which I have never flown in)or really early
morning starts (which I have flown in) I do not see the increase really affecting
anything.  Generally speaking if you have 10 minute air during the day, you have 15 0r
20 minute air as well.  Most guys fly to a spec in the sky in the first 7 minutes and
then speed down to set up for a landing.

For The Landing Whiners (DP this not directed at you)

As for landings, generally speaking the only people I have ever heard complain about
landings are those that can't generally get points.  Guys, it ain't going to matter
how change the landing, the time or anything else, the Guys like DP, JW, Russ Young
all the rest of the guys you see at the top of the page are always going to be there
because they get out a practice.  No more flying than I get to do these days, hell I
am happy to get to fly I don't have time to worry about what the landing looks like or
is scored like, I am too busy having fun.  I will say this though, no matter how
little practice I get in, I am always game to join the landing for quarters or dollars
that go on at most contests.  No there is having real fun with your buds.

See Ya,

Pat McCleave
Wichita, KS