Regarding the import of files based on my test:

Unity: literally drag&drop from the folder to the view, it takes 3 seconds,
and you have all your meshes directly into the editor, ready to be setup (
so you have as many separate meshes as in Softimage/Maya/3ds ), same thing
for the rigged character, just drag&drop, its really really friendly :)

UDK: not bulk import option, so you have to manually import each meshes one
by one, which is quite tedious, but in general I'm not too bothered with
it. Regarding characters there are a couple of steps that needs to be done,
especially if you want to try some animations you have to setup everything
properly, otherwise it will get quite messy. To test the characters, as
shown in my tutorials, from Softimage to UDK it takes roughly 8-10 minutes,
while in Unity the process is easier and straight forward. Although for
cloth ( Apex clothing ) I'm exporting my character to Maya, and from there
export the cloth to UDK.

Cryengine: its easy to import all the stuff, but the thing that I found a
bit frustrating is, when setup the characters, I always have a couple of
errors related to the character, which are quite annoying...I notice I'm
not the only one experiencing those errors, and in the end it could be
quite annoying...anyway

Overall Unity is one of the most open engine I've ever tried, and it works
perfectly with FBX....with the new features ( Mechanim and so on ) its
really really easy to setup your character and test everything, even if for
an artist some scripting knowledge is required, while in UDK you can easily
setup what you want using a visual scripting tool ( Kismet ) and go mad
with it

I've seen some architectural visualization done with both UDK and Cryengine
and they look stunning, but if you're looking for just visuals with no
interactivity, you can juts use Lumion, which works great with FBX and the
preview is amazing ( 5 seconds per frame using Ati 7950 3GB ).
So, if you want to add interactivity ( man walking around, opening doors,
turn of lights and so on ) you might want to try Cryengine/UDK, while if
you just want to create visuals without rendering the entire thing into
Soft/Maya/3ds just use Lumion

Cheers