Here’s a few.
(I include many that have been already mentioned because I’m assuming that this
brings them higher up in the list of what’s important. This means that
inevitably I’m having to put down more than 5 so that some other ones can get
mentioned - sorry Alastair!)

- Sticky Keys/Supra Keys system
- Multi selection PPGs
- Snapping / Pivot placement & alignment (it’s done so well in Soft it always
amazes me)
- Middle click repeat command (which works at any submenu level BTW)
- EXPLORER - not just how legible it is but also the way we can change its
context (scene/pass/layer/etc.), use filters, perform searches...
- Transient explorer - I have mine remapped to tab and I use it all the time,
it avoids having to open an explorer window for many quick tasks
- Text menus
- Drag&drop throughout
- Perform calculations in number/text boxes
- Single selection mode
- Memo cameras
- Ease of customisability
- Legibility of interface

Also, something I very much used in the old SI3D interface was the ability to
map commands to spacebar+<any key>
It instantly gave you a huge amount of possibilities.
I find it odd in Maya that the biggest key on the keyboard is used to
minimise/maximise views.

Cheers,
Jean-Louis

Jean-Louis Billard