There's that and the fact that outside of this list hardly anybody even
knew about Softimage. I get a lot of "explain why you'd even want that" or
"try this convoluted workaround" or "just use this plugin (that isn't
compiled for 2015)" I find trying to explain a better way/workflow to the
dogmatic Maya users is...its like casting pearls before swine.

On Sun, Apr 20, 2014 at 11:29 PM, jim bough <jimbo...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Graham,
>
> That might be true, but there was a time when the maya list server was
> every bit as active and helpful. It never recovered from the closing, for
> whatever reason it wasn't properly switched over to the highend list
> server, and lost many participants.  I would like to see it regain it
> former usefulness.
>
> ------------------------------
> From: mailgrahamdcl...@gmail.com
> Subject: Re: Why is Maya the standard when it lacks basic math nodes?
> Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2014 21:14:51 -0700
> To: softimage@listproc.autodesk.com
>

> And that might be the funniest reason to keep this list alive as it
> becomes the best place to get Maya answers due to the community of the
> Softimage list.
> And another top place to get Houdini answers, the Sidefx list has always
> been very similar.
>
> Graham D Clark, Head of Stereography, Deluxe 3D dba Stereo D
> phone: why-I-stereo
> http://www.linkedin.com/in/grahamclark
>
> --

-=T=-