The original question was whether Modo had any kind of modeling history. The answer there is no (not that I've ever needed it either).

The bigger issue is that Modo doesn't have 'operators' at all in the Softimage sense. And believe me I miss this from Softimage. I still don't know how I would do something like .... apply an MDD (deformer), then add modeling operations on top of that (topo change), then add secondary animation on top of that (more deformers)... There are definite limitations. Especially with the demise of Soft, I've been trying to get the Modo devs to see exactly why people like it so much, and the op stack is a major player, not mention a good problem solver.

That said Modo is not closed-minded to the notion of stacking operations in a way that lets you edit them later... Its deformer stack is a good example of this, and seems easier and more flexible to me than the equivalent in Softimage. Someone with feet in both apps will have to tell me if I'm wrong here (Sergio? Gideon?).

-Tim