From: softimage-boun...@listproc.autodesk.com
[mailto:softimage-boun...@listproc.autodesk.com] On Behalf Of Yi Liang Siew
Sent: Wednesday, July 09, 2014 8:41 AM
To: softimage@listproc.autodesk.com
Subject: Re: Softimage Python versus Maya Python

I dunno about everyone else, but I actually really like PyCharm a lot these
days (went from NPP to Sublime to PyCharm). Being able to debug Python scripts
is super helpful in Maya/XSI :) (haven't gotten around to trying to connect it
with Nuke as well yet hehe)

I don't really like PyMEL that much, I only use it when I need quick access to
vector math functions etc....Now that I'm more familiar with
C++, I have to say the advice of everyone here to go ahead and 'do it in
C++' from the get-go is a lot less painful overall than dealing with all
the SWIG-stuff that I would have to go through when using PyMEL or OpenMaya. :D