You might also ask on the redshift Forum (very Softimage Friendly)

Beleive me, the "fun" will come soon enough :)

On 10/24/14 6:10, Rob Chapman wrote:
Hey Patrick, I downloaded the latest trail last night at home of redshift and after the first render of just a grid it gave me the same render error as you about not enough vram  - I also have a 560TI.  I was one version behind on latest nvidia drivers - updated to latest and redshift then worked fine.  super fast strands rendering!

On 24 October 2014 10:13, Angus Davidson <angus.david...@wits.ac.za> wrote:
Hi Patrick

Did you install the CUDA drivers? All GPU renderers need to have them before they will work.

You can have a look at Royal Render. I am not sure if they still allow 4 fully functional trial licences.

Kind regards

Angus

From: Patrick Neese [patrickne...@gmail.com]
Sent: 24 October 2014 10:05 AM
To: softimage@listproc.autodesk.com
Subject: Re: Stand-Alone to Network license?

So I downloaded the redshift demo...and it errors out right away with a message about it being unable to operate with less than 256mb of free vram.  All of the values other than the card type are at 0 or 0kb. Any ideas?

I have a gtx 560 ti i believe with 1 gig.  No sli setup.
I was looking to upgrade to the 970 gtx near black friday but I was really hoping I could get a preview of redshift soon to help decide on maybe a next level workstation card if it would greatly help.

Backburner's server.exe refuses to run on my second computer so I cant even try anything there and see if there is a way to queue an mi2 file.

This is fun!