yea probably wont happen...
so you have great connection tools taht we can only dream of. and connected
only to crap software that is nightmare to work with...

trust me it is easier to go through process of export and import then to
work in maya ;)
ofc in case you are solo or really small team wihtouth acces to bunch of
tech guys to keep that crap moving...
script script script...
fu