Yes.  Of course different people will have different logic.

One would hope that the UI team for any product would:

   1. identify *which* people are the primary user base
   2. create a *consistent* set of design and interaction standards that
   address the needs of the primary user base best
   3. explain the logic behind the choice of standards in the product
   documentation
   4. maintain consistency in the application of those standards.

AD has not done a very good job of this.  Nor, to be fair, has any software
manufacturer in our market space (Adobe, I'm looking at you...).  But Maya
is currently among the worst offenders in the AD arsenal.