On a 4k 30+ maybe, I've seen it on an ultraHD 27" (and ZB on a 5k 27") and
good chunks of the UI were practically useless.
Zbrush was pretty much a throw away (the x y z modifiers over sliders were
almost impossible to hit with a pen on tablet), and  Maya 2014's text was
an utter and complete mess.

On my SP3, which isn't even 3.8 or 4k over 15" kind of DPI, a lot of older
UIs become useless when you factor in the (lack of) precision when handling
a pen on screen interaction.

Regardless, vectorized and properly scaled UIs are a pain in the arse to
put together, but they are a necessity now that form factors aren't just
1080p over 24" for 90% of the user base.