Hello. Above all, thanks to all that replied: I've learned a lot
(including such idioms as 'red herring' and 'straw man'). Jan, if I made
any mistake that was only out of ignorance: I'm not part of soya and
don't plan to be more than a user. To be honest, I raised the issue
because I'm interested in your opinion about what tivoization means to
free games.
  And just in case there is still any confusion, what I was thinking is
that some game console, or VCR, or PDA, or any device that is actually a
computer, may include a collection of free games (for simplicity, assume
the source code is not modified). Depending on the device, it wouldn't
mean a great effort to the owner of the device, and adds some value. But
then they may decide to lock the machine so that it won't run modified
software. And that means that many people is getting your GPL game, and
some source code, but they cannot modify the game and run it in the same
machine that they own. So it's not that they're making money, but only
that the end users cannot play with your game's source (at least on that
machine).
  Regards,
Pablo