Jan Ciger wrote:
> GPL v.3. does not force anyone to release the compiler and
> development kit. It requires only the *installation information*,
> defined as:
>
> “Installation Information” for a User Product means any methods,
> procedures, authorization keys, or other information required to install
> and execute modified versions of a covered work in that User Product
> from a modified version of its Corresponding Source.

Which, if they're using a compiler and other tools that are
so nonstandard, seems like it *would* require them to release
those tools, or at least enough information to enable someone
to build their own tools to do the same job -- since this is
"necessary information" to be able to build and run modified
versions.

> Moreover, preventing people from profiting from your code is actually
> not what GPL is about

No, it's about them making use of your code without giving
something back. I understand that it's not about money.

--
Greg