On 07/18/2011 05:28 PM, Rostyslaw Lewyckyj wrote:
> Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
>> If you're planning to move or take away our cheese, we still
>> don't know about it.
>>

> Succintly stated! :)
>
> We, users, can not influence the product. All we can do is
> offer our opinions after the fact and choose to stay or leave.

I disagree. Users are *always* invited to participate in pre-release &
nightly testing, submit code, assist in providing suggestion, etc., etc.
You'll not find that (or at least not as openly) in other products that
offer the same a SeaMonkey.

We can all B&*%h & moan, but the fact remains that SeaMonkey is an
opensource *all volunteer* project. If you can't develop, then at least
test pre/nightly release. Provide feedback on the
mozilla.dev.apps.seamonkey list
or ask here. While I may have not agreed with all of the
*always* found the kind folks that support & work on SM in their own
free time responsive & helpful. For that I definately thank them for
both the fish and their kind work.

If you'd like to help:
http://www.seamonkey-project.org/dev/

Here's a thought; change to Thunderbird + Firefox (or Opera or some
other mailclient/browser) for awhile. Don't use SeaMonkey. I've actually
tried this on multiple occassions & I've *always* come back to
SeaMonkey. I also tried this on multiple customers/friends/relatives; I
installed Opera/Firefox/Zimbra Desktop/Chrome/Thunderbird/Safari, etc.,
and they *all* came back to SeaMonkey.

Bottom line is that 'you' the user can indeed influence SeaMonkey. No it
may not happen in 2.2.x, and you may get "well we can't due to the
Firefox code), but in the end the user *can* influence & help SeaMonkey
by participating in the project; report bugs, test pre-releases,
participate on the dev list, write documentation, etc., etc.
  I can say that I've not done much (except test pre-releases) lately
due to time issues, but I do think that every little bit helps.

http://www.seamonkey-project.org/dev/get-involved