Hi Ken and Robert ;

Not an expert by any means, and valid points about the
actions of the US government, but I think they hate
the entirety of the western culture.  Sex before
marriage, divorce, adultery, navel rings (and more
extreme forms of body piercing), tatoos, Madonna,
Brittany, gay marriages, Baywatch, the Fashion
Channel, pornography, discos, atheism (or any God
other than Alah).  I received a spam email titled
"Extreme female ejaculations".  Like I should open it.
 It is an outrage, but no one cares.

Indeed! The difference between the moderate western perspective on this and that of any "fundamentalist" (I really hate that word!) is one of what to DO about the perceived immorality. I don't believe that convincing someone to be "moral" at the barrel of a gun is an effective method of changing behavior. Islamists who advocate violence are on no higher moral ground than the culture they so fervently despise.

The finest hour I have ever witnessed in my life as an American occurred shortly after the 11 September atrocities. I know that I've written this before, but the sight of a Virginia State Trooper parked outside a mosque to protect its worshippers underscores the value of plurality in American society. The same courtesy would not likely be extended to a Christian church in Algeria, Libya, Syria and many other countries.

They view western culture as a modern equivalent of
Sodom and Gomorrah.  And from where I'm standing, any
objective observer must admit they have a valid point.

That is God's problem, not yours, not mine, and certainly not theirs! We will go as it has been written about us, without the assistance of radical Islamists.

robert luis rabello
"The Edge of Justice"
Adventure for Your Mind
http://www.authorhouse.com/BookStore/ItemDetail.aspx?bookid=9782>