Peter,

Very disturbing, but some militaries are very hyped about their work. I guess
that he needs his attitude to consolidate the fact that he has been taking
human lives. The latter is very difficult to live with and different people develop different protection and excuses to be able to go on with their life. Often there are some sort of denial of the victims right to live, because they were so bad.
The guy is obviously sick and in urgent need of help.

Hakan