Thanks to both Andrew Davidson and Andrew Harvey for their work as I see
addition of PSMA administrative boundaries as an important improvement for our
map.

In regard to adding source tags to objects, I find them very helpful when
editing something. If I think I have contrary information, I refer to the
source of the existing data. If it is an authoritative source, I am prompted to
to a less authoritative source, then I am more likely to proceed with the edit
or attempt to contact the mapper who entered the previous information.  Also I
hope that by adding authoritative sources for my edits, other mappers will be
less likely to make changes without contacting me or at least double-checking
the accuracy of their later information.  If information comes from multiple
sources, then it may be appropriate to have multiple source tags e.g.
source:geometry, source:name, source:alt_name etc.

In regard to relations, it is possible to have different sources for the
relation and for component ways, e.g a relation for a waterway may show the
source of information including the name sourced from a permitted government
dataset but component segments of the waterway may be sourced from two
different satellite imagery sources.  Again, I find sources helpful. Even state
boundaries need verifying. At one time (not sure if it still the case) some SA
Govt data showed some SA localities and protected areas as extending into NSW
along parts of the shared border. After looking closely, I moved the OSM
boundary slightly in some areas (generally preferring the NSW LPI data) but I
was always careful to show the source of my data so that other mappers could
verity or challenge me if appropriate.  Some administrative boundaries in OSM
were sourced from ABS data which were always just approximations. ABS data was
useful in OSM when we had nothing else, but not now that we have accurate data
from official sources.  I have found it helpful to know the sources of the data
I am looking at.