On Fri, 18 Sep 2020 at 21:25, Andrew Davidson <thesw...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 17/9/20 5:36 pm, Andrew Harvey wrote:
> >
> > So while I'd prefer using ref:<namespace> I guess some psma specific tag
> > could be okay.
>
> Do you have a preference between ref: and note: ?

I can't decide, so I'm happy with whatever you or others decide. (I'd also
be fine with not including the ID at all as well)

> > So you're suggesting 1) uploading duplicate state borders, and then
> > cleanup after import or 2) doing the upload so that it immediately uses
> > the existing state borders?
>
> 1 as 2 is too complicated for my tiny brain.
>
> Except for QLD I don't expect it would take too long to replace the
> overlapping ways. QLD, on the other hand, took me a couple of evenings
> to chop off the boundaries at the state border, so it might take a while
> as there are quite a few boundaries that will have to be merged into the
> maritime boundary.
>
> Provided the outer ways have a fixme on it, it'll be easy to find the
> remaining ways that need merging.

I don't like the idea of uploading duplicate data to be fixed later. I took
a look in JOSM and it doesn't seem too hard to manually correct the files
to be uploaded to use the existing state border way. I'm happy to do this
manual work to get the import files ready.