I totally agree with Minh here. I always thought that it was standard
parctice in OSM to add the name tag to a landuse=residential way that
encompasses the subdivision. Subdivision names aren't always used in common
parlance (especially if it's a smaller subdivision) so most people wouldn't
necessarily consider the subdivision name to be the name of the
neighborhood that they live in.