> Am 29.05.2015 um 15:55 schrieb Komяpa <m...@komzpa.net>:
>

> What exactly are we trying to save by omitting these locales, what wasn't
> eaten already by source= on French buildings? :)

yes, and there are more tags that are both, used more often and are more
questionable than name:ru tags, e.g.
tiger:name_base
tiger:name_type
osak:street_name
osak:municipality_name
addr:street:name

even of tiger:name_base_1 there are more than a million, almost double the
amount of all Russian names in osm.

These are followed by a lot crap in the same quantity order, like KSJ2:filename
(!) ~500K

All these came to light by a single taginfo search for "name", needless to say
similar import crap can be found for different keys as well. Many of them are
not even documented.

cheers
Martin