Hello subscriber2list!

On Wednesday, June 30, 2004, 2:19 PM, you wrote:

s> In time I will more than likely "take the plunge", but I'm wondering
s> how does RIT price all these upgrades?  What I mean is ... every time
s> there is a new release, does one have to pay for the upgrade?  It
s> would seem so, but they release so many upgrades within a short period
s> of time, they're beginning to remind me of a few other software
s> houses.

To cut to the chase: Anyone upgrading from a v. 1.x to a v. 2.x has to
pay. (They gave the v. 1.x users a discount for awhile. Not sure if
that's still in effect.)

Anyone upgrading from a 2.x to a later version does *not* have to pay.
Sorry about the ambiguous construction of my sentence in the post
you're replying to, where I said, "It's free."  :)  Upgrading from v.
2.00.x to any subsequent version is definitely free. Including to the
latest (current) one: v. 2.11.02

I myself have had no problems using v. 2.11.02. Some people have, but
they were mostly with using IMAP and I'm POP3. My copy of v. 2.11.02
has been completely reliable and stable.

I just ignore the new features which I don't understand. It's entirely
feasible to do that. So I don't use any Virtual Folders, and I never
did use any color groups (although these were available long ago in
earlier versions).

The features I like are:

1) Viewing mail on the Mail Dispatcher before downloading
2) Address Book templates
3) Quick templates
4) Making filters--once a slight learning curve is mastered

I would dearly love to banter with you here, but I already have too
bad a reputation for long posts.

I didn't hang back from this thread out of a desire to be mean. I just
felt shy, in case I didn't fully understand what was being talked
about. I also have a pretty good reputation for getting my foot in my
mouth, here and elsewhere. :) And for rambling and getting OT.

Subscriber2list, would you consider subscribing to TBOT?

Mary
:Mary:
The Bat! 2.11.02 on Windows XP 5.1 2600 Service Pack 1