--- Begin Message ---
-- justin ]

On Monday, May 19, 2003, at 05:08  PM, Stas Bekman wrote:

> That's right. Let's try this next: I've attached a new patch, which
> moves the creation of lib/Apache/test.pm into a Makefile.PL. On
> case-insensitive systems it'll overwrite lib/Apache/Test.pm.

That appears to work, but it didn't uninstall the old test.pm, and I
haven't tried any tests that use Apache::test using the new one.

> I wish there was a simple test to figure out whether a filesystem is
> case-insensitive.

I think that Perl itself does something like this:

use File::Spec::Functions qw(catfile);

my $file = catfile 't', 'TestTest';
open F, ">$file" or die "Cannot open $file: $!";
close F;
my $is_case_insensitive = -e catfile 't', 'testtest';
unlink $file;

> Also could it possible that under the same OS one partition is
> case-insensitive while the other is not? If so, what happens if the
> package is built on one but the target is the other?

Oh, fer cryin' out loud, I don't know. Rename it Apache::Tester and
don't worry about it, I say.

Regards,

David

[EMAIL PROTECTED]                              ICQ: 15726394
http://kineticode.com/                         Yahoo!: dew7e
                                                Jabber: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

--- End Message ---