Not to pile on too much onto this discussion, but I have a different yet
related question.

What are the insurance liabilities that Paradise Canyon and/or TCR may have if
someone has an accident during the event, but didn’t purchase a wristband and
sign the liability waiver?

Perhaps we simply need to require people to at minimum check-in and sign a
liability waiver and let Paradise Canyon and the event organizers know that you
are there. Let people that can’t afford the registration decide to donate
whatever amount of money they think is reasonable.

I know of several people that have in the past paid for other people’s
registration fees for TCR and the TSA Convention. Don’t let the fact that you
don’t have any money right now stop you from accepting help from your fellow
cavers. We want to see you all there this year, if possible.

Diana

Diana R. Tomchick
Professor
Departments of Biophysics and Biochemistry
University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center
5323 Harry Hines Blvd.
Rm. ND10.214A
Dallas, TX 75390-8816
diana.tomch...@utsouthwestern.edu