Sorry taking that long to reply. I think, Thomas, Rich and Tobias are
talking about the same, and I can can write just one message covering all
the topics above.

Thomas,

It's great that you are interested in marketing TiddlyWiki platform!

If we think it's a good time to grow into a (non-profit social?)
enterprise, for example, we should start thinking and acting as an
enterprise. The main idea behind this enterprise could be volunteering for
whatever roles are required. As soon as TW Project gets traction and
funding, those positions would be transformed into the jobs.

TiddlyWiki Vacancies
<http://confocal-manawatu.pbworks.com/TiddlyWiki-Vacancies> list is just
created. I am happy to consult and manage development of the Findability
and Discoverability for Reuse
<http://confocal-manawatu.pbworks.com/Findability-and-Discoverability-for-Reuse>

functionality but would appreciate someone else taken the role of a manager
of the project. I believe, the role of TW Director is not disputable. I
would appreciate Jeremy Ruston
<http://confocal-manawatu.pbworks.com/w/page/114069544/Jeremy%20Ruston>
agreed with this position. I think, Thomas Elmiger
<http://confocal-manawatu.pbworks.com/w/page/114295437/Thomas%20Elmiger>
will be happy with the "Marketing" position. The ideas are recorded at the
TiddlyWiki
Intents Map <http://confocal-manawatu.pbworks.com/TiddlyWiki-Intents-Map>.

To realise our current and future ideas, we need a person who would focus
on management of funding for the project. CrowdFunding
<http://confocal-manawatu.pbworks.com/CrowdFunding> could be one of the
options here.

>From my experience, a business plan is viable only when the core values of
participants coincide with TiddlyWiki Users Experience
<http://confocal-manawatu.pbworks.com/TiddlyWiki-Users-Experience>. At the
moment, I am willing to contribute my expertise in "findability", as a
consultant. Apparently, we have the marketing and coding covered.
Fundraising and a few more positions are missing. I will try to push in all
those missing positions but my time resources are also limited.

Ideally, we need to research the business models of Mozilla or other open
source software. Orion Health
<http://confocal-manawatu.pbworks.com/Orion-Health>, for example, offers
customisation, development, service, maintenance and support to their
solutions. If TW users express this kind of interest to fill the gaps in
the business model, it will be viable. If not, then not. We may need to see
also the history of Mozilla, for example. How did they startup and
developed? Currently, I am at the stage of collecting information (initial
stage of collective intelligence) for decision making, ASAP. I would
appreciate participation and help. The sooner the information is collected,
the higher our chances of smooth and fast startup.

Rich,

thank you for the great observations. Would you have an idea what was so
attractive with TWC compared to TW5, or was it just a "market saturation"?

I think, we are in the same boat regarding the TiddlyWiki Users Experience
<http://confocal-manawatu.pbworks.com/TiddlyWiki-Users-Experience>. Would
you help me with figuring out what is missing from the page, what are our
potential users and what are their expectations? Ideally, we'd need to
realise what our "market segment" is the biggest and focus on it first. The
alternative strategy could be decided on what

Minimal Viable Product
<http://confocal-manawatu.pbworks.com/Minimal-Viable-Product> could be and
focus on it's development first of all.

"TW5 has not really had that same spike even though there are many TW5
applications that are amazing." can well be that an integrity of a
functionally product may have more value for the end users than a
collection of amazing but separated tools hard to manage.

Rich, thank you for your support. I am personally at the stage of
collecting information about TW platform and community. Please feel free to
join and participate in any way you find valuable and interesting for
yourself.

Dear Josiah,

I am sharing your feelings about the Google Groups: Knowledge Network vs
Forums
<http://confocal-manawatu.pbworks.com/w/page/64408923/Knowledge%20Network%20vs%20Forums>
.

LikeInMind is designed to support building Personal Associative Networks
<http://confocal-manawatu.pbworks.com/Personal-Associative-Networks>
online. When published, it becomes an "external memory" of a person. When a
number of Personal Virtual Associative Networks
<http://confocal-manawatu.pbworks.com/w/page/102745051/Personal%20Virtual%20Associative%20Networks>

(PVANs) are collected in the same Unified Conceptual Space
<http://confocal-manawatu.pbworks.com/Unified-Conceptual-Space>, their
nodes of similar sense can be found / discovered and merged into Sense
Domains
<http://confocal-manawatu.pbworks.com/w/page/102662947/Sense%20Domains>.
This theory is based partially on AI methods of semantic matching,
partially on systems dynamics principles where systems are thought of
having stable structures or behaviour around "attractors" but their actual
condition is defined by the "locality" of each particular system. When
combined, PVANs form a "Collective Memory", that is an important part of
"Collective
Intelligence <http://confocal-manawatu.pbworks.com/Collective-Intelligence>"
process.

Sorry for the extensive theoretical excursus but I think we need to know
the subject we are working with. We need to know to what degree our system
can be described, and to what degree it is chaotic and unpredictable. I do
not have an answer myself, every system is different. I am just trying to
follow the selected course of systematic and systemic studies of the
matters I am dealing with. I am sure that even in our conversation, for
example, we have a language to communicate (a "structure") and a chaos
(that keeps our conversation alive).

Regarding the consensus, I don't think we need it. Agile style of project
development, I am trying to follow, is focused on solving the problems
within the frames of company's policies and standards. How namely those
solutions are achieved is not very important. If we think of transferring
TW into an enterprise, we would need to follow the company's regulations.
Those who is not comfortable with them will not be a part of a company.
This is, again, just one of the models of sustainable development of a
project. I can't tell I know everything about everything for 20 years
ahead. We need to "sit and talk" and decide what is important to each of
particular (group of) participants. Only that will define our "vector" of
development.

I can't agree with "there is NO reliable public way to form a KNOWLEDGE
NETWORK other than, basically, your own powers of reading & memory".
LikeInMind (LiM) is the example. ANY particular topic can be found within
20-30 seconds of time: Findability Experiment
<http://confocal-manawatu.pbworks.com/Findability-Experiment>. That's how
this huge number of links to relevant pages can be easily generated, for
your reference only. You don't have to read them all if you understand,
follow and/or agree with what is being discussed. This page is interlinked
with the number of relevant pages on LiM and is one of the nodes of the LiM
Knowledge Network.

Could you tell me more about "My point is that EMERGENT properties are
become severely inhibited. And my overall impression is that if you are not
a keen *bricoleur * <https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/bricoleur>it can be
hard work.", please?

Regarding the "Marketing, Mass Apps (e.g. e-pubs), Sub-project Threads
(e.g. UI issues) etc" and other applications, I do not see any difficulties
(because Anything Is a Tiddler
<http://confocal-manawatu.pbworks.com/Anything-Is-a-Tiddler>) except a need
in systematic building your own PVAN, for your self first of all. Only when
published your ideas can be found / discovered and reused not only by you
but by the TW team that is even more important due to the cumulative effect
of knowledge.

"As it is, the history of THIS thread itself will shortly be lost." is
absolutely true. However, we can refer to the Transmedia
<http://confocal-manawatu.pbworks.com/Transmedia> principles of work with
information of very different sort and origin. The trick is

   - to cross-reference all the relevant sources
   - within a Single Entry Point
   <http://confocal-manawatu.pbworks.com/Single-Entry-Point> platform and
   - being as specific as needed (Atomisation of Information

<http://confocal-manawatu.pbworks.com/w/page/105597135/Atomisation%20of%20Information>)

And finally (chronologically, not by importance!) Tobias!

Leverage is needed only if we decided to be more user-oriented and switch
to the company or other format or our organisation.

I personally need a quick result from TW in order to provide quality
service to my customers in organising their businesses based on TW
products. In it's present form, I can't figure out how TW can be applied.

You are right "there's a point when pushing an agenda really isn't what
people are after, and when that's more disturbing than actually
contributing." Wikipedia Participation Rate
<http://confocal-manawatu.pbworks.com/Wikipedia-Participation-Rate>

is thought about 0.01%. That should probably mean that on a well developed
platform each of the editors has about 10,000 readers in average (rate of
social impact?). That should probably also mean the barriers to active
participation and that we can't ask from volunteers more than they can
deliver "for free". This current situation sounds comfortable to many
developer but probably annoying to many end users. If we want to scale up
TW platform, a shift from the "Brownian Motion" of "free arts" to a
predictable product development, a new organisational model is required.
And that model could be an enterprise, or similar, a matter of discussion
of TW Community, I think.

As to me, I am no good in programming. However, I have some experience in
"findability" (FDR). I am happy to contribute and facilitate development of
TW in this direction, and would appreciate that enormously.

Regarding the requirements to TW platform, Tobias is absolutely right, we
need to find what "practically works well for most people, processes,
environments, technologies that are simple and inviting enough for people
to join and keep participating".

Tobias is absolutely right about "the game is not about finding the missing
pieces and point out just how missing they are, but to solve the puzzle, if
you care." Just for me, for example, inability to find bits and pieces of
particular information is a barrier to participation (coding in this case).
And yes, I will be collecting the missing bits of puzzle "under the same
umbrella" until it is solved. Currently, I appreciate the services PBWorks
offers (for free!!). But later all those 30,000+ topics will be transferred
onto the new P2PCI platform I am dreaming for about 20 years now.
Hopefully, that platform will be TiddlyWiki based.

What I can see as a newcomer to this house, our intents are very diverse.
Some of us need pieces of puzzle as visible as possible, others would
appreciate a book on the very basic of TW environment, some are focused on
narratives, actual communication, online, face-to-face, in any other means.
That's great! The more diversity we show, the higher our chances of
"filling the organisational gaps" and succeeding in this project!!

"At this point, TiddlyWiki is not the communication platform around
TiddlyWiki. There are places people talk about it and find useful
application for this little Swiss Army knife of atomic knowledge mgt. See,
if you want some Google for TiddlyWiki, to make it easy to find stuff,  and
also some more social chatter to have people talk and find solutions to
problems, answers to questions, like-minded people for projects, and what
not... perhaps TiddlyWiki itself isn't the right place to look for it, and
neither is this group." - it's an absolutely awesome note to me.

"TiddlyWiki is not the communication platform around TiddlyWiki" but it can
become a "universal communication platform" if we only wished to. Because
"Anything
Is a Tiddler <http://confocal-manawatu.pbworks.com/Anything-Is-a-Tiddler>",
because the Unified Conceptual Space
<http://confocal-manawatu.pbworks.com/Unified-Conceptual-Space> allows
non-conflicting contribution and co-working of unlimited number of
participants, and therefore works pretty well, as a method.

   - "There are places people talk about it and find useful
   application...",
   - "Google for TiddlyWiki, to make it easy to find stuff",
   - "social chatter to have people talk and find solutions to problems,
   answers to questions, like-minded people for projects", etc., all are the
   pieces of our "Collective Intelligence" environment. I can't see only one
   element of CI linking them all together, a "collective memory". This
   collected memory is developed and tested on LiM. It is ready and waiting
   for implementation on a platform more suitable for the "Collective
   Intelligence" purposes.

"If you find a better environment for your own ambitions, that's fine. But
don't go around reminding people how much they're missing. If they think
it's worth a shot and compelling, then you better make it so. Should you
get there, telling others how much better that is and much worse it is
whatever they do... never works." - agree! Building knowledge networks by
just a few people is a hard job. It will be much easier and much more
effective if we worked as a team of "free thinkers". Each of us is free to
record what he thinks is true. The others are free to either follow, or
create something new but based on already created, visible and easily
accessible tiddlers. Because Anything Is a Tiddler
<http://confocal-manawatu.pbworks.com/Anything-Is-a-Tiddler>. Because every
particular field of knowledge is actually limited. From my experience, it
takes only 2 man/years to create a complete reference on any particular
field of knowledge. A group of 10 people have a chance of completing the
job within a couple of months.

And yes, the task of development of a product like P2PCI is a huge job for
just one person. We NEED co-operation and sympathy and trust in each of
other and in the goal we are trying to achieve. And Trust comes first, or
may be sympathy?

Let's try to think what's going on with the documentation on TW. How many
"entry points" do we have? I have counted 3: TiddlyWiki Documentation
<http://confocal-manawatu.pbworks.com/TiddlyWiki-Documentation>. How many
do we need to find / discover reliably and fast? I think, just one: Single
Entry Point <http://confocal-manawatu.pbworks.com/Single-Entry-Point>.
Should we think on how the TiddlyWiki Single Entry Point
<http://confocal-manawatu.pbworks.com/w/page/114249473/TiddlyWiki%20Single%20Entry%20Point>

should look like, how to organise and where to place it, to be found easily
and intuitively? SEP doesn't mean that everything must happen "on the same
page". Any participant is free to discuss anything on any kind of media
convenient for him and his mates. However, all the key knowledge and
contacts must be published on just one platform, all the communication
media can be interlinked via only one environment and one page per every
single topic. That's my experience, as well as a theory.

What is also important that we all are coming to forums with the similar
goals, to find like-minded people. Some of us are looking for pieces of
code, others for pieces of best practices, some others for understanding
and support their hope in doing right things. Not all are strong enough to
complete a job on their own. Many need attention, understanding and
support. TW would not be successful if based on different principles, I
think. Still, I agree about fruitless projects. I am tired from them too.

"fit all the knowledge of the world into a little box in my skull" is not
physically possible. That's why I need my "external memory". If someone
found "my memories" worth of browsing, I would be just pleased and happy.
If we find a few of like-minded people ready to share what they think is
important for them, that's already sound like a success.

"Things are messy, things get lost, things gain and lose relevance,
daily... it's the nature of the game." The other side of the medal is that
we all need something stable to rest on, our family to keep love and peace,
or friends to share what we've got valuable, our "technology" to have job
done as fast, as reliable and as reproducible as possible. That can be
called "a structure in the world of chaos". How much of structure and how
much of chaos we need is always a question. But, both are equally needed,
without us even not realising what is what.

"What is the practical value for it to reside in my or your or even our
collective memory?" only to be found and reused, as soon as needed. Only to
save a bit of time from our limited lives. To add a bit more of value to
our lives too? I don't know. What is our personal memory needed for? May
be, same function the "collective memory" has, or should have?

Sorry, I still need to see "less is more
<https://www.ted.com/talks/graham_hill_less_stuff_more_happiness>". I will
try to.

Thank you very much for reading this enormous text.

Please write your thoughts, hopefully leading to actions too.

Many thanks again,

Dmitry

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/3496e7c8-7d34-413c-a02a-8a541e40b513%40googlegroups.com.