Hi Josiah,

> Over the last several months there has been a lot of e-pub discussion (the
> fact you never read one I forgive you for and hope you will accept the
> example even though you know nothing :-).

When one is not around, they're not around. ;-)

My point? In a different type of forum it might well gel better. To get
> beyond one demo. E-pubs have many shared issues that better collectivity
> could help. TW could be a great e-pub format. Here we get splinters on it.
> Real steps remain at the edge. IMO this happens because GG is inadequate to
> fostering anything other than transient emailing/posting.

I don't think leverage is what you're after but rather *traction*, traction
and *support* for a very explicit *project*. Now, one might argue that
e-pubs can be a significant project to help push TiddlyWiki out onto the
big stage more (and thus create some more leverage to do bigger proects ;-)
but... and of course you agree, this place is a terrible forum to try and
manage the ambitions of a TiddlyWiki e-pub project.

At least, such a thing would require a propper project context. For me, atm
that would be a github repo, since you can address all the nitty gritty
detail from functional to technical specification all the way to voting and
implementation and actuall code and all that ...in a defined spot. But it
takes for a lead developer (architect) to take on the job not only to
understand the code-base, but to kind of manage the overall process, so
people stay realistic of how to get from start to finish. If you want an
even more "engaging" experience than a github repo can deliver, well, I
don't know... you're trying to give life to a highly complex social
experiment with a desired outcome... that's never quite a simply thing to
pull of, no matter what the environment. Without some professional
organisation, there's a good chance a bunch of freelance, self-made coders
and idea-generators will find it hard to form unity, but it's possible as
we all know. OpenSource is a thing, it's alive and it's kicking... but
everyone doing it also knows its problems... the most prominent one being
that that guy didn't show up for half a year: So what's that about? ;-)

Best wishes,

Tobias.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/c2627a43-96dd-400a-b044-e1a67a2a0ce9%40googlegroups.com.