Josiah, I know just one way of removing any scepticism. It's experiment and
practice.
Here is the method of measuring "findability" of any topic on LikeInMind:
http://confocal-manawatu.pbworks.com/w/page/102426340/Findability%20Experiment
Please confirm what your experiment leads to the same or similar result, in
both direct access to topics and following the "associative networks". If
any topic can be found in seconds, in a manner similar to human memory,
should those means providing those features be thought "an external memory"?
"FYI, there are NO companies (corporations) HERE." - that's fine! I am
looking for a way of realising the P2PCI platform as soon as possible.
Please let me know what organisational structure would make you feeling
good at contributing to further development of TW platform. As soon as a
map of intents and preferences is collected, we should be able to decide
what namely way to go.
Josiah, sorry for misreading your previous statements. Would you elaborate
more of your understanding and ideas on forums vs knowledge networks vs
personal memories. That was probably the topic I missed something critical.
"Its NOT YET really an example. Its nearly as messy as here right now." -
yes, indeed! LiM is as messy as a human mind. What I know about my mind,
for example, that it can pull ideas from apparently nowhere, from the noise
and mess of my random associations and thoughts. If you ask me to write
down consistently all knowledge I have, I'd probably stack immediately.
It's not there! :) Same with LiM. A lot of topics but nothing is visible
without "thinking", without interaction with LiM. Only when I have an idea,
I can zoom in/out the broader / narrow meaning on LiM, find what
"resonates" and follow the "associative links". To my perception, LiM
reflects the situation I can observe in my mind and in my surroundings: we
can form the structures out from the chaos, mess and noise, and reuse those
structures to navigate successfully from a problem to a known solution,
from one "mental state" to another.
"The point is that things felt-known are expressed but don't get cognizance
unless there is a congruent system for their reception." - absolutely! But
that's too far ahead in our plans. Please see the IVAN Dimensions
<http://confocal-manawatu.pbworks.com/IVAN-Dimensions>for more details.
Currently, LiM is a collection of various points of view of different
people, similar to Q&A sites. We are given a chance of listing through the
options and selecting those which "resonate". With time, AI will be
developed to help us with delivering the tiddlers as semantically close to
our "cultural background" (cultural in a broader sense, as all the
experience and memories learned previously), as needed to "resonate",
understand and utilise those particular tiddlers ASAP, without spending
extra time on understanding and "reshaping" of the content and solutions.
But, that's too early to talk about. We need TW proven in reliable building
of knowledge networks. Let's focus on that first?
"I think you are mixing up YOUR (WONDERFUL) aims with the actual reality
here." - I will cite myself, sorry:
"Regarding the "Marketing, Mass Apps (e.g. e-pubs), Sub-project Threads
(e.g. UI issues) etc" and other applications, I do not see any difficulties
(because Anything Is a Tiddler
<http://confocal-manawatu.pbworks.com/Anything-Is-a-Tiddler>) except a need
in systematic building your own PVAN, for your self first of all. Only when
published your ideas can be found / discovered and reused not only by you
but by the TW team that is even more important due to the cumulative effect
of knowledge." Indeed, where is the problem? I build my PVAN, and get
result as soon as needed. My expectation is that your cognition works in a
similar way, and you will be able to organise anything too, because Anything
Is a Tiddler <http://confocal-manawatu.pbworks.com/Anything-Is-a-Tiddler>.
:)
I believe, you are talking not just for fun but to prepare yourself for
effective work in TW Community? I am here to hear your voice and think what
would work best for you. If we have a common goal we will meet there. :)
Cheers,
Dmitry

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/d4e7c198-f259-4bde-973d-7f90cbc8b493%40googlegroups.com.