Tobias, sorry, was not able to open MBTF. I will try again later.
The "merge-conflicts" is a must in a multi-user environment but I see no
"complexities of resolving merge-conflicts" at a well established
authentication system, theoretically. On PBWorks, for example, I can easily
distinguish my editions from editions of other users. Theoretically again,
I would expect a notification from the system on the changes of a page I
edited previously. The system would allow me reading the document only if I
accepted the changes (made by others, as a bunch), federate the last
version for me, or reverse to my last edition. PBWorks is highlighting the
changes by comparing any selected versions. I don't see the theoretical
limitations for TW doing the same.  Unfortunately, I did not even touch
this subject, versioning and authentication, yet and can't really advise
anything. That's where I would appreciate help and contribution from the
experts in this field. Please think of me as a theorist with a few years of
experience in the "findability" field. Saying that, I am not going to stop
my efforts in developing this knowledge missing from LikeInMind, when and
if that becomes a barrier to the development of the product.
One of the methods of versioning seems being relevant here: one way
synchronisation with retaining the "conflicting" versions in a "backup"
directory. In other words, no deletion of (versions of) tiddlers allowed.
The author and end users, their memory and practical experience are the
criteria validating the integrity of tiddlers. If something went wrong, a
user must have the means of "rolling back" reliably any number of changes.
Ideally, he should be able to select a piece of text of his concern and see
who and when introduced those changes. Theoretically, according to IPFS
protocol, that should be possible. Practically, that is one of the critical
features of the future methods of protection of the Intellectual Property:
PBIIMS
Proposal <http://confocal-manawatu.pbworks.com/PBIIMS-Proposal>.
Tobias, Dear All, thank you for the job you are doing. I believe, together
we will be able to work out the practical ways of realising the future we
deserve.
Cheers,
Dmitry

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/84b9afab-a634-4440-a548-b787a6d189e1%40googlegroups.com.