PMario wrote:

I was experimenting with: /° some text /° nested text °/°/
> But I personally think, that's *confusing.*

I AGREE.

If you are *manually typing *those kinds of combinations its a recipe for
failure.

The problem is *both* visual and conceptual.

Conceptually the HTML "echo" implies that ° ... /° is most suited (i.e.
on.-tag. off-tag).

Yet VISUALLY */° ... °/ *is much better for implying "sequester"
(containment).

The problem will be that cognitively these two different possibles are in
users minds and it will be VERY EASY to confuse them.

That said, IF the user is doing this through highlighting of text to span a
button press it far less of an issue.

My thoughts
TT