On Mon, Jul 5, 2010 at 15:22, Bill Kearney <[email protected]> wrote:

>
>
> > What's worse, it shows I have guide data only till 7/11, that's a far cry
> > from the normal 14 days it's supposed to have.
>
> I don't know that it's supposed to be any fixed number of days. Yes, in the
>
> past I've seen 14 or more days in advance. I've noticed lately that seems
> not to be the case. I seem to recall this happening last summer too. Don't
> know for sure, or what would cause it. I have also noticed that some
> channels seem to have more future guide data than others.
>

There is no fixed number of days - it is *at most* 14 days out.  And I see
it fluctuate between 10-14 a lot.  Just 6 days however is lower than you
should see, I'd have it make a connection home and give it a night to
process the data and see if it changes.  It is possible for it to dip below
10 days, but when it is less than a week I'd start to suspect something is
up.  Check your lineup on Zap2it.com and see how far out that site goes - it
uses the same TMS data source as TiVo.

Also, I can't check my unit right now by the 'call' option only shows up
when using a modem, IIRC.  It says something like 'Network Connection' when
using the network.  At least on the newer OS/boxes.

-- 
[email protected] / [email protected] Geek, Gweep, Technophile, me.
www.GizmoLovers.com / www.MegaZone.org / www.Eyrie-Productions.com Hail Eris
Twitter.com/megazone / Facebook.com/megazone / www.LinkedIn.com/in/megazone
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men" 432-363-4296


[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Reply via email to