Yes, the first suggestion is what I thought was happening. I didn't take note of the channels that it happened on because thought it was a change in programming. I went to the Deleted programs to see if I could find any but couldn't. (How long does Deleted Files hold them, up to how many? Is this just in case you decide to restore something)?
I do have the S3HD Series, but not the new premiere. Also the Cablecard M so that I can record two programs simultaneously. What I use is the TiVo small adapter instead of a phone connection, but I don't think that's what a TA is. I dont have a cable box, only the TiVo Recorder. On Tue, Jul 6, 2010 at 09:06, s.l-c.o <[email protected]> wrote: > What is SDV/TA? > > Switched Digital Video: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Switched_video Tuning adapter: http://support.tivo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/133 SDV is only a concern for CableCARD devices, like the TiVo Series3/HD/Premiere. If you have a cable box the box handles it for you. A TA looks like a small cable box, and it basically provides the hardware for two-way communication with the cable system head end to handle the exchanges required to make SDV work. > I didn't know you could turn Suggestions off? > Yep, it is in the settings. > Could these things be the reason why the wrong program tapes on a recorded > channel also?This has been happening a lot lately. > No. With SDV if you don't have a TA, or if you do but it isn't working, you simply cannot tune any channels delivered over SDV. You get black, and an error message - either your not authorized, or there is a problem with the signal, etc. (Again, this is presuming you have a S3 or later.) If your S3-or-later TiVo is recording but is not recording the show you expected: 1. The channel probably didn't air what they said they'd air at that time. 2. You may not have the correct lineup selected, so the TiVo has the wrong channel map. The easiest way to check #2 is to make sure the channel logo, any station identification, etc, matches the channel you expected to be recorded. If it is the right channel, then they just switched things after the TiVo got the schedule. -- [email protected] / [email protected] Geek, Gweep, Technophile, me. www.GizmoLovers.com / www.MegaZone.org / www.Eyrie-Productions.com Hail Eris Twitter.com/megazone / Facebook.com/megazone / www.LinkedIn.com/in/megazone "A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men" 432-363-4296 [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
