I have just finished reading everyone's "bio"... Incredible. We truly are
amazing.... what TMers have been thru is absolutelyamazing. I am truly in
awe of each one's story! My story ..... I was now semi- retired from
teaching computer tech in a special needs school. I was 55 yrs. old and for
26yrs we went wherever the Marine Corps sent us. I did NOT want to come and
live in Fairfax County, VA. ... but now I do see how God's awesome plan was
at work. Two of my kids were out of college and two were in college so I
felt now was "my" turn to do something I wanted.... and I loved playing
tennis whenever I could... and now I had the time to do it. Meanwhile tho I
had been growing apart from my husband. It was all ME .......
 The night of Feb. 2, 2002 I got the call that I had made the tennis team I
had been hoping for!! I woke up in the middle of the night..
something was wrong I felt a tingling go down both sides of my legs
simultaneously.... by the time I reached the emergency room I was paralyzed
from the waist down. I have come a long way in 7 years. I walk with a walker
and a cane. My marriage has never been better. Like so many what really gets
me down is the fatigue.... it's impossible to explain it. I also have a
great deal of pain.
I take Lyrica (am weaning myself off of Cymbalta) and when I have to I take
a vicodin. That old saying "until you walk a mile in someone else's shoes)..
but thankfully we do have each other. I did go back to work at my school for
another two years about 10 months after TM... but now I'm enjoying
retirement... I was 63 in May and like Pam says!!!!!!!!
Blessings on you and all of your families
Trudy
Thanks Janice this was a wonderful idea!