Yes, that all sounds right, Aubuti.  And by no means am I lashing out at
you.  To the contrary; you've been a fantastic person who's gone way
above and beyond the call of duty.

As to the ALAC issue, I agree that it seems to be a major problem here,
and I too can't see why the engineers haven't resolved it.  The fact
that I encoded most of my CDs with ALAC (because I use iTunes) is a sad
coincidence, but one that probably will affect a lot of other people
too.  I suspect the Logitech engineers will eventually resolve it, but
it's too bad they have yet to do so.

The tagging problems may lie with my files, although I have to wonder
if it isn't just that SBS is looking for a particular format and can't
read my files because iTunes tagged them in some particular weird
manner, viz., a compatibility problem.  And the fact remains that the
Sonos app has zero problems indexing the same files, so the tagging
doesn't seem to bother that app.  If a tagging defect doesn't affect
the operation of the system, is it really a defect?

I won't say the Sonos is perfect.  It doesn't import most of my album
art and it doesn't output 24/96 data, and it lacks a touchscreen and it
doesn't let people tamper with its features or modify or add to them.
All in all, I think the SBS / Touch is a much more exciting set of
features.  I just wish to God it worked with my files, on my system.
And as I suggested, I'm surprised that a lot of people aren't pissed
that it's so finicky and requires so much attention.

But I may monkey around with it some more ... we'll see.  And again:
Thanks for all the help; you are seriously cool person.

--
Zonker92

Squeezebox Touch > Dynaco Stereo 70 > Altec 846Bs with 902 drivers and
Z19 crossovers + Velodyne HGS-12