DH: The second component of salvation involves returning to heaven.   I believe there will reside no unclean thing in heaven.  Those who eventually get there will be perfect.  Hence Jesus' command, "Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect."  Mt 5:48

How far along are you in this process? Are you perfect yet? Are you close?
Do you need to be perfect then in this life?

DH: all men will be resurrected
This is Salvation part1 is different from Part2-Exaltation & Eternal Life
Salvation is UNIVERSAL RESSURECTION for all people irrespective of belief or behaviour:
"All men are saved by grace alone without any act on their part, meaning they are
resurrected" (Bruce McConkie, What Mormons Think of Christ", LDS tract, p.28).
Joseph Fielding Smith  "Those who live lives of wickedness may also be heirs of
salvation, that is, they too shall be redeemed from death and from hell eventually"
(Doctrines of Salvation, vol.2, p.133).
EXALTATION
Perfection & advancement is the name of the game, right?
Dr John A Widtsoe "God and man are of the same race, differing only in their degrees of
advancement" Rational Theology p61
Quoted in M R Hunter Gospel Through the Ages p107
This is where works comes in:
"man merits through his own acts through life and by obedience to the laws and ordinances of the gospel" (J Fielding Smith Doctrines of Salvation, vol. 1, p.134).

This full salvation is obtained in and through the continuation & INCREASE of the family unit in eternity, and those who obtain it are gods.
D. & C. 131:1-4 IN the celestial glory there are three heavens or degrees; And in order to
obtain the highest, a man must enter into this border of the priesthood [meaning the new and everlasting covenant of marriage]; And if he does not, he cannot obtain it.He may enter into the other, but that is the end of his kingdom; he cannot have an increase.
DC 132:20-21 Then shall they be gods, because they have no end; therefore shall they be from everlasting to everlasting, because they continue; then shall they be above all, because all things are subject unto them. Then shall they be gods, because they have call power, and the angels are subject unto them. Verily, verily, I say unto you, except ye abide my law ye cannot attain to this glory.
ETERNAL LIFE IS EXALTATION. Now there is a difference between immortality and eternal life. Immortality is the gift to live forever. It comes to every creature. Eternal life is to have the kind of life that God has. All those who become servants will have immortality, but they who become sons and daughters of God will have the additional gift of eternal life, which is the greatest gift of God. Eternal life is life in the presence of the Father and the Son. Those who receive it become members of the ‘Church of the Firstborn’ and are heirs as sons and daughters of God. They receive the fulness of blessings. They become like the Father and the Son and are joint-heirs with Jesus Christ.
     What is eternal life? It is to have “a continuation of the seeds forever and ever.” No one receives eternal life except those who receive the exaltation. Doctrines of Salvation v2 p 8-9
Arrive at godhood:
"Here then is eternal life - to know the only wise and true God; and you have got to learn how to be gods yourselves, and to be kings and priest to God, the same as all gods have done before you --- and to sit in glory, as do those who sit in everlasting power --- What is it? To inherit the same power, the same glory and the same exaltation, until you arrive at the station of a god ---"
Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith, pg 345-347;
Who told you there is NO HELL?
2 Nephi 28:19 For the kingdom of the devil must shake, and they which belong to it must needs be stirred up unto repentance, or the devil will grasp them with his everlasting chains, and they be stirred up to anger, and perish;
20 For behold, at that day shall he rage in the hearts of the children of men, and stir them up to anger against that which is good.
21 And others will he pacify, and lull them away into carnal security, that they will say: All is well in Zion; yea, Zion prospereth, all is well—and thus the devil cheateth their souls, and leadeth them away carefully down to hell.
22 And behold, others he flattereth away, and telleth them there is no hell; and he saith unto them: I am no devil, for there is none—and thus he whispereth in their ears, until he grasps them with his awful chains, from whence there is no deliverance.
23 Yea, they are grasped with death, and hell; and death, and hell, and the devil, and all that have been seized therewith must stand before the throne of God, and be judged according to their works, from whence they must go into the place prepared for them, even a lake of fire and brimstone, which is endless torment.
24 Therefore, wo be unto him that is at ease in Zion!
25 Wo be unto him that crieth: All is well!

Dave <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
DAVEH:  Nice to meet you, Kevin.  I don't believe I've had the pleasure of chatting with you before.

Kevin Deegan wrote:

DAVEH:  FTR......JS is not my God.  Let me remind you, I worship God,
our Heavenly Father, and consider his divine Son, Jesus Christ, my
Savior and Redeemer. DaveH I have a few questions , could you fill me in?
DAVEH:  I can try.
 You say you Worship the Father. I was wondering do you also worship the Son?DAVEH:  Only to glorify the Father.  I don't know if that will make sense to you though.  In short, we worship our Father in Heaven, as we feel Jesus did every thing to glorify his Father in Heaven.  I don't think he (Jesus) would want us to worship him at his Father's expense.DAVEH: I hope you did not say that with hate dripping from your tongue, Dean. I know you consider me a lost soul, and I'm sorry that you feel that way. I just hope you don't lose too much sleep at night worrying about me (or JS). IMO, if you let hate eat away at your conscience, the spiritual pain will be as the "where the worm dieth not and the fire is not quenched". To me, that is the real hell the Bible conveys when it refers to the lake of fire. (The other hell is physical death.) People create their own hell by distancing themselves from the love of Christ. There is no place for hate in heaven, and those who harbor hate in their lives will have a hard time achieving full salvation. So.......please Dean, don't let hate for me, JS or other LDS folks keep you from the love of Jesus So you do not believe in a physical Hell?
DAVEH:  Yes, but not in the same sense as Protestants and the RCC.  I believe the degree of hell one experiences is more related to the distance one is removed from the love of Christ.  The fiery hell is mentioned in the Bible in a symbolic sense to denote how one will feel when devoid of that divine love.  I know that is a simplistic explanation, and I will be happy to explain in more detail if you wish. What do you mean FULL Salvation?
DAVEH:  The first component of salvation is overcoming physical death.  At death, the spirit separates from the body and until the resurrection of Jesus, there was no chance of the body being joined to the spirit after death.   With the advent of Jesus' birth, death and resurrection, that chasm (denoted as one form of "hell" in the Bible) was no longer a stumbling block to one's salvation.

        Now perfection is a problem for those who have not been 'perfect'.  So, Jesus became the vicarious  propitiation for our imperfections.  In return he requires a few things from us......viz., faith, repentance, baptism.......endure to the end.  Once we do all we can do, then we are judged and by virtue of his grace, allowed to return to heaven.  If we lack faith, lack repentance or lack baptism......we won't meet his qualifications for 'full salvation'.

    However, even though lacking full salvation, we will still obtain partial salvation.  For instance, all men will be resurrected.  That is, all mortals will overcome the physical death by having their bodies reunited with their spirits.  Lacking the above mentioned requirements will mean that even though partially 'saved', they will end up residing some distance from their heavenly goal.  And that will be the equivalent of spiritual 'hell'.

 I hope that isn't too confusing, Kevin.
  When you say achieve do you mean working for it?
DAVEH:  It would be nice to think that all one needs to do to be saved is to "declare Jesus" or some such easy act.  But it is not Biblical, nor does it make logical sense.  I believe we are saved by grace AFTER all we can do.  There is no way any of us could achieve salvation (either physical or spiritual) without the resurrection and atonement of Jesus.....therefore, we are saved by his grace.  But nobody is going to ride Jesus' coattails into heaven.  It's a long walk, and all must step onto the path Jesus trod and follow him there.

--
Dave Hansen

Do you Yahoo!?
Free Pop-Up Blocker - Get it now