On 26/02/16 20:27, Simon Greenwood wrote:
That's the answer - there should be. There will be something in the scripts that activates it. If you don't know, 127.0.0.1 is localhost, your own computer, so it will always ping but it's unlikely that you have anything running on it in normal use so it won't respond to a HTTP request in a web
Hi Simon .... I didn't know that. Looks like I have a few more scripts to look through. There are a fair few of them. I might fire up 14.04 again tomorrow and see what's happening on port 59234. It will be great if I can solve it. None of the guys at Symform know a lot about Ubuntu, so I'm working very much in the dark here - without your help, I don't think I'd have known where to look next any more than the Symform folk.

Regards,        Barry.

--
http://barrydrake.co.nr/