As it says, initctl is part of upstart, which has been deprecated for
systemd. However, the components are still there so the script's criteria
are met apart from initctl not being installed. You could comment out the
first if statement in the platform script and replace the 'elif' at the
start of the second statement with 'if', which should fire the
application's systemd script, and maybe pass that back to the devs.

On 27 February 2016 at 11:57, Barry Drake <ubuntu-advertis...@gmx.com>
wrote:

> On 26/02/16 20:27, Simon Greenwood wrote:
>
>> That's the answer - there should be. There will be something in the
>> scripts that activates it. If you don't know, 127.0.0.1 is localhost, your
>> own computer, so it will always ping but it's unlikely that you have
>> anything running on it in normal use so it won't respond to a HTTP request
>> in a web browser.
>>
> Hi Simon ....  Having found the page describing the use of the initctl
> command, I can't find a package or anything else, such as the code.  I
> gather it used to be included with upstart, and that has changed.  There
> must be a workaround using another command, but so far, I'm no finding
> anything.
>
> Regards,        Barry.
>

> --
> http://barrydrake.co.nr/