On 26/02/16 20:37, Barry Drake wrote:
Hi Simon .... I didn't know that. Looks like I have a few more scripts to look through. There are a fair few of them. I might fire up 14.04 again tomorrow and see what's happening on port 59234.
I've found out exactly where the problem exists. I've put the relevant fragments of the three scripts involved below. The main thing is that the platform.sh script has a call to initctl, which no longer exists. This seems to be where the listen for port 59234 is supposed be set. Is there a replacement for what is presumably a deprecated call? It seems to work OK in 14.04.

In main setup script:

for service in $SERVICES; do
            if [ $service = "web" ]; then
                sleep 2
                outfn=$(util_mktemp /tmp/testweb.XXXXXX)
if ! util_test_url "http://127.0.0.1:$(get_webui_port)/" 1 10 "$outfn"; then
                    echo "Web service is not healthy" 1>&2
                    cat "$outfn" 1>&2
                fi

In 'base' script:
get_webui_port()
{
    if [ -z "$SYMFORM_WEB_UI_PORT" ]; then
        echo "59234"
    else
        echo "$SYMFORM_WEB_UI_PORT"
    fi
}

In 'platform'script:
if [ -d /etc/init -a -f /sbin/initctl ]; then
    . "/opt/symform/scripts/platform/upstart.sh"
elif [ -d /etc/systemd -a -f /bin/systemctl ]; then
    . "/opt/symform/scripts/platform/systemd.sh"
else
    . "/opt/symform/scripts/platform/systemv.sh"
fi

This is where the script fails: the command 'initctl' no longer exists, and the script fails with an error message 'No command 'initctl:' found, did you mean:
Command 'initctl' from package 'upstart' (main)
initctl:: command not found'

Regards,        Barry.

--
http://barrydrake.co.nr/