On 26/02/16 20:27, Simon Greenwood wrote:
That's the answer - there should be. There will be something in the scripts that activates it. If you don't know, 127.0.0.1 is localhost, your own computer, so it will always ping but it's unlikely that you have anything running on it in normal use so it won't respond to a HTTP request in a web browser.
Hi Simon ....  The 'start' command in the systemd.sh script is:
start_service()
{
    systemctl start symform${1}.service
}

systemctl is very different in its operation. The 'start' command won't listen to a port. There doesn't seem to be a way to set up listening to port 59234 using that command. Using it the way the systemd script tries to, produces the error "Failed to start symformconfigure.service: Unit symformconfigure.service failed to load: No such file or directory".

I imagine the guy who wrote the script assumed the command was a direct replacement for initctl. It obviously is not. I've saved the man page as a text file, and read through it carefully. There doesn't seem to be a command that performs the action I need. So far, I haven't found anything that will do what initctl used to do. The initctl command was used to make the port open the register page of the symform web site, and return the information in the form of a log. I've been trying to find something that acts in the same way, but so far, no luck.

Regards,        Barry.

--
http://barrydrake.co.nr/