On 26/02/16 20:27, Simon Greenwood wrote:
That's the answer - there should be. There will be something in the scripts that activates it. If you don't know, 127.0.0.1 is localhost, your own computer, so it will always ping but it's unlikely that you have anything running on it in normal use so it won't respond to a HTTP request in a web browser.
Hi Simon .... Having found the page describing the use of the initctl command, I can't find a package or anything else, such as the code. I gather it used to be included with upstart, and that has changed. There must be a workaround using another command, but so far, I'm no finding anything.

Regards,        Barry.

--
http://barrydrake.co.nr/