mherger wrote:

> The answer is right up there :-).

OK - I start to understand. I am not deep enough into docker to know if
it allows for some kind of dynamic port publishing, but I assume that it
would not work. So I see two ways:
- Publish all possible ports (pretty hacky in my opinion)
- allow the image to control docker and map ports. This requires
integration into LMS and root access to the docker daemon (the latter
could lead to security issues though)

dasos wrote:
> I thought I'd add my experiences of using the container from DOliana /
> LMS in Docker. In general it works well.

Thank you - I am using it with wathtower enabled to auto update all my
containers. Since you seem to have much more knowledge about docker
networking do you have an idea on how to handle dynamic port publishing
depending on installed plugins?

Necromancyr wrote:

> The thing is - the files there.  So...just...baffled as to what the
> issue is.

Strange - I have been running LMS like this for over a year now without
issues. My docker-compose looks like this:

    squeezebox:
  container_name: squeezebox
  #image: doliana/logitech-media-server:latest-7.9.2
  image: doliana/logitech-media-server:latest-SetProperVersions-7.9.3
  restart: unless-stopped
  ports:
  - "9000:9000"
  - "9090:9090"
  - "3483:3483"
  - "3483:3483/udp"
  volumes:
  - /docker/squeezebox/state:/srv/squeezebox
  - /docker/squeezebox/music:/srv/music
  - /etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro
  - /etc/timezone:/etc/timezone:ro
  # set dns, since using the host as dns does not work
  dns:
  - 192.168.78.1

@All: I will merge my changes to keep the above mentioned versioning
scheme. I think it is safe to say that we can work from there.