On Sun, 02 Aug 2009 17:15:52 +0200
Karsten Bräckelmann <guent...@rudersport.de> wrote:

> On Sun, 2009-08-02 at 02:00 +0100, RW wrote:
> > On Sun, 02 Aug 2009 01:42:21 +0200 Karsten Bräckelmann wrote:

> > > It's a counter-measure against bad learning, to force at least
> > > some MINIMAL manual training, before auto-learning kicks in.

> > AFAIK it doesn't affect autoleaning at all, bayes_min_spam_num &
> > bayes_min_ham_num control when scoring starts.
>
> Well, it *does* nonetheless. *shrug*
>
> As per the docs, that threshold controls when Bayes activates. Nothing
> more, nothing less. Want to see for yourself?
>..
> NO_RELAYS,TVD_SPACE_RATIO autolearn=spam version=3.2.5

If you read back you'll see that that's consistent with what I wrote and
the opposite of what you wrote.

I said that the limits don't effect autolearning, just scoring
(activation).

Whatever you think you wrote, what you actually wrote was:

 " to force at least some MINIMAL manual training, before
   auto-learning kicks in"

There's no ambiguity there, the use of the word "force" implies that
manual training is a prerequisite to auto-learning.